· Additive manufacturing use in space stations and space shuttles.<left>
· Planning to install an RP machine in ISS for 3D printing spare parts.
· Functional parts in F1 racing cars and fighter jets like the F-16.
· Selective lease sintering with marble powders can help to restore or duplicate ancient statues.
· 3D print of topography and land surveying.
· Custom-fit, clear plastic aligners (braces) can be 3D printed.
· Used in hearing aids to make custom fit shells.
· Used in hospitals to 3D print face covering and O2 adapters (COVID-19 response).
· Tools are made by CNC machining, electro-discharge machining, or by hand.
· All are expensive and time consuming.
· Manufacturing would like to incorporate additive manufacturing techniques to speed the process.